The Society of Composers, Inc. is excited to announce a Call for Recordings for our 2021 Fall Student Mixtape. For this mixtape, there are no restrictions on style or ensemble and may be live, studio, or solely fixed-media recordings. The mixtape will have a duration of approximately 60 – 90 minutes in total. Chosen works will be promoted on the SCI website and social media.
- Composer must be a student (high school, undergraduate, or graduate) in Region IV
- Region IV: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- Composer must be a member of SCI to be featured on the mixtape; however, membership may be obtained after notification of acceptance.
- Membership fees are $15 with complimentary membership for composers who identify as BIPOC
- MIDI renderings and virtual instrument productions are prohibited.
- Works must be 10 minutes or less in length.
- Works with high quality recordings will be given preference
- Multimedia works (video, interactive web interface, etc) will be considered.
- Works must be submitted in stereo, mp3 format.
- Works for any aesthetic and instrumentation will be considered.
- Finalists and Honorable Mentions will be included in the announcement
To submit, please complete the Google Form below. Please note that recordings should be submitted in mp3 format unless the work is a multimedia work. All recordings should also be submitted to the form as a Google Drive or SoundCloud link.
Please send all questions to Ryne Siesky at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2021 Region IV Mixtape Question.”
Submissions are due by June 4th 11:59 EDT. Applicants will be notified of their status by August 23rd, 2021.
All the bests!
Ryne Siesky (he/him)
University of Miami – Frost School of Music
Teaching Assistant | DMA in Composition, ABD