April 11-13, 2013, Clarke University, Dubuque, IA
Host: Amy Dunker
Deadline: Nov. 1, 2012
Fee: None for submission
Electronic Submissions, please see complete instructions below
Submitters must be SCI members in good standing. Non-members may submit, but must join SCI if their work is selected. Authors of compositions and papers chosen to be programmed are required to attend the conference and must complete the registration and pay the $65 registration fee.
Each composer may submit up to three compositions each of which may be up to 15 minutes in duration.
Composers are encouraged to provide their own performers.
Works may be submitted for the following instrumentations:
- Trumpet Ensemble (up to 6 Players)
- Trumpet and Trombone (with or without piano)
- Brass Quartet
- Brass Quintet
- Brass Ensemble
- Soprano Voice
- Tenor Voice
- Baritone Voice
- Clarinet Ensemble
- Alto Saxophone
- Guitar Duo
- Choir SATB (limited Divisi)
- Choir SSA (limited Divisi)
- Fluxes Ensemble
- Electronic (2 channel playback)
Composition submission deadline: Nov. 1, 2012
Paper proposal deadline: Nov. 1, 2012
Composition Submissions will be via Dropbox and must include:
- A PDF of the score, with performance materials (for selected works performance materials must be available in hard-copy by January 15, 2013). No rentals, please.
- A separate soundfile of each work submitted.
- Contact information: the composer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, SCI Regional Affiliation, titles of works submitted, with timings and instrumentation for each work. Electro-acoustic or computer works should include a list of technical requirements, making note of any equipment to be supplied by the composer.
- A list of performers, if they are provided by the composer.
Submissions should be uploaded to dropbox.com:
- Go to the folder appropriate to your surname.
- Create a folder, for example, Mylastname_Myfirstname to upload your .pdfs and .mp3 soundfiles, with separate folders for each work submitted.
- Upload the appropriate files.
Paper/Workshop Submissions should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- a one-page synopsis suitable for inclusion in the conference program
- equipment requirements
- contact information, including submitter’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and title of paper/workshop