February 25-27, 2016, Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
Mark Zanter, host
Call for Participation
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2015
Deadline Type: Electronic Submission
Entry Fee: None
Open To: All members of SCI with preference given to members of Region III.
The Society of Composers, Inc. (SCI) announces a Call for Participation for the 2016 SCI Region III Conference February 25-27, 2016, at Marshall University, Huntington, WV (http://www.marshall.edu/somt/music).
Composers or performers are invited to submit:
- Compositions for performance consideration (available resources listed below)
- Abstracts for Paper presentations
- Proposals for Lecture recitals
Composers and presenters must be members of SCI to submit a proposal for consideration. Membership types can be found on the SCI website. Performers who are the guests of a presenting composer need not become members of SCI. Composers and presenters must also verify their attendance if their work is selected for the conference.
Composers may submit up to two (2) works/scores for consideration.
Available performing resources are listed below. Composers are encouraged to bring their own performers, and note this on the application form.
The conference welcomes proposals for papers, or lecture recitals. Papers are limited to twenty minutes; lecture recitals limited to thirty minutes on the theme “21st Century Musicianship.”
All submissions should be entered on this form:
Available Performing Resources
- Brass Quintet
- Chamber Choir (SATB)
- Concert Band/Wind Symphony
- Guitar Ensemble
- Percussion Ensemble
- Trombone Ensemble
- Woodwind Quintet
- Trios for clarinet, saxophone, and percussion
- Any solo or combination from the following:
- Flute, Oboe/English Horn, historical Oboes and Shawm, Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone (multiple)
- Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Euphonium
- Percussion (multiple)
- Guitar (guitar duo, flute and/or violin and guitar, and other chamber combinations)
- Violin or Cello
- Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, and Baritone voices
- Digital-audio works up to 8 channels and/or video.
Submissions that are incomplete or do not include information as specified in the guidelines will not be considered.
Dr. Mark Zanter
School of Music and Theatre
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755