Read Michael Zapruder’s article “Composing in the Wilderness” in the SCI Newsletter (XLIV: 5).
For many SCI Members, it’s time to renew your membership. Simply click the How to Join and follow the instructions.
Read Max Giteck Duykers’s article “Quantifying MIDI Use for Instrumental Composers” in the latest issue of the SCI Newsletter.
Issues #50 and #51 of the SCI Journal of Music Scores have been published. Works included are:
- Federico Bonacossa – Rivir
- Bryce Cannell – Refractions
- Eric Guinivan – Aspen Winds
- Corey Keating – As the Night Blooms
- Philip Schuessler – Monochrome Variations
- Jay C. Batzner – Silhouettes, Receding
- Eric Guinivan – Prelude: Hymn and Snowfall
- Jessica Rudman – First Praise
- Nolan Stolz – Princess Ka’iulani
- Jacob Walls – Thirst
Congratulations to Eric Fegan and Texu Kim on winning the 2014 SCI/ASCAP Commission Competition! Read more here.
As the new Student Chapters Coordinator Natalie Williams is one of the newest members of the SCI Executive Committee. Many thanks to her for taking on this role, and much appreciation to Nick Demos, the outgoing coordinator, for his many years of extraordinary service to the SCI membership. Learn more about each of these outstanding composers by visiting their mySCI Webpages:
SCI Members who create their own mySCI Webpage can be chosen as “Member of the Day.” View other mySCI webpages here.